DISABLED ACCESS AND FACILITIES
- The disabled customer pays the admission rate for either of our two enclosures and one carer is admitted free of charge into that same enclosure
- A designated area is reserved close to the admissions turnstiles for disabled parking
- We recommend early arrival, particularly on feature racedays, to secure your parking in this location
- Please be aware that although our car park is on flat land, it can be uneven in places, and consists of a combination of grass and shingle path
- To park in our designated Disabled Spaces, please advise our stewards if you are an Official Blue Badge holder, please display prominently.
Grandstand and Paddock Enclosure
- Extensive lawns to the front and rear of the three main grandstands
- Level access to the front track side lawns is from either end of the North or South grandstands
- Plenty of tarmac access to the rear of all stands
- There is central access between the grandstands to the track side lawns via fifteen external steps with hand rails
- There are two disabled viewing platforms overlooking the track (access to one of these is over grass)
- Outside disabled toilet
- Tarmac path from the parade ring and winning enclosure to the front track side lawns
- The larger Vice Admiral Bar is located in the new Lord Nelson Grandstand and has level access for wheel chairs and includes a disabled toilet
- Access to the remaining three bars is over a step which can be negotiated with assistance
- Covered trackside viewing from these two grandstands is via terraced steppings
- TV screens in all bars
- Includes access to all grandstand and paddock areas as well as,
- Hoops Champagne Marquee - access via a tarmac path over a small ramp into the marquee
- The Victory Bar and Trafalgar Restaurant on the middle floor of the Lord Nelson Grandstand can be accessed via a lift and both have access to an outside, uncovered viewing patio
- A disabled toilet is located on the middle floor of the Lord Nelson Grandstand
- TV screens in all bars, restaurant and Hoops Marquee
- A tarmac bookmakers betting ring is located to the front of the middle grandstand and can be accessed from either the Premier or Grandstand & Paddock Enclosures
- Tote betting facilities are available in most bars, all three floors of the Lord Nelson Grandstand, alongside the parade ring and by the bookmakers enclosure
- Please be aware that the only external covered viewing is located in the two Grandstand and Paddock stands and can only be accessed via terraced steppings
- In the event of rain there is cover in the six bars all of which include TV screens
In general Great Yarmouth Racecourse offers easy access to all areas. There are many paths and tarmac areas but you may also need to cross grassed areas at times so please be aware of changing ground conditions in rain.
We do advise that you bring waterproof clothing and an umberella if rain is forecast, particularly those confined to a wheelchair who may experience delay in reaching a covered area.
If you require further advice or assistance before your arrival please call Customer Services on 01493 842527 and we will be happy to help.